This week the DOstamper Stars are CASE'ing the brand new catalog. CASE = Copy And Share Everything. In other words, feel free to copy. Easy peasy! No thinking involved, just pick my favorite card and GO!
The new Whale of a Time Suite was a no brainer for me. If it's got ocean colors or sea creatures, you'll find it at the top of my list. And a matching punch? Duh. Check out my closeup of the pretty sequins, some of them are shell shaped.
I selected the card on page 94 of the catalog
2. The card base is in Pretty Peacock, cut at a standard A2 card size.
4. Stamp some highlights on your whale in Pretty Peacock.
5. Punch and assemble your whale using the Whale Punch. I used Pretty Peacock and Pool Party cardstock here.
6. Cut a 2 x 3 piece of Calypso Coral, snipping out a bit to make a tail. Cut a 1x3 piece of Terracotta Tile, and emboss the sentiment in white.
7. Use adhesive to attach some sequins.
We visited the Clearwater Marine Aquarium
on Monday. Have you ever seen the the movie Dolphin Tale or Dolphin Tale 2, about Winter the dolphin who lost his tail in a boating accident? Winter lives at the CMA, which is a working marine hospital. They take care of animals who are ill or injured, and return many to the wild after their recovery is over. Some, like Mavis the Turtle (below) or Winter, must stay at the CMA for the rest of their lives because of their injury. Seeing the turtles and other sea animals really reminded me of the beautiful images in this new suite, especially in the DSP.
My version of the card on page 94. A few minor differences, forgot to add the ribbon and left off the random vellum circle because it wasn't doing anything for me. Also, I couldn't find my vellum.
Winter the dolphin (below) practicing social distancing and getting a snack from the trainers.